If you’ve been following me for a little while, you might have heard me throw around the term self-love. Self-love is the investment in one’s own happiness and well-being. Until a few months ago, I never understood the importance of fostering a positive relationship with myself.
Yoga is what really showed me what it means to love myself. When I can’t make it to a yoga class, I often practice at home by watching Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She, and other yoga instructors I’ve had, often refers to yoga as an act of self-love. By practicing, you are taking time out of your schedule to focus on nurturing yourself and giving your body what it is calling for.
After I developed an appreciation for self-love through yoga, I realized the other ways I can love myself every day. Today, I wanted to share some of those little ways with you in hope that you might find happiness in taking time for you.
1. Wake up earlier
2. Go on a walk around the block
3. Practice yoga
4. Give yourself a foot rub
5. Go on a run
6. Go to the gym
7. Treat yourself to something new
8. Have another Girl Scout cookie (or five)
11. Take a power nap. Or take a long nap.
12. Read a chapter in a new book
13. Drink your morning coffee outdoors
14. Cook up your favorite meal
15. Wear a bold lip
16. Do something spontaneous
17. Plan a weekend adventure somewhere new
18. Explore a new hobby
19. Order take out
20. Go makeup free
21. Book a massage
22. Get a mani/pedi
23. Buy yourself flowers
24. Reflect on the path to your dreams and goals
25. Take a step toward one of those dreams
How do you invest in yourself? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @emwritesblog!