Welcome, April! April is one month closer to May, which is one month closer to June, which is my wedding month! Not that I’m excited or anything.
I’ve talked about my thoughts on spring here before, but I just love these precious months between winter and summer. I feel happier and more rested. But mostly, I feel more motivated. Something about the warm air, bright sky, colorful blooms, and shining sun makes me feel ready to take on new adventures.
This month, those adventures include writing more (and perhaps submitting content to publications), searching for new jobs, and taking leaps with my creativity. I’m excited to see where April leads me.
In the meantime, the weather is getting nicer, and I plan on enjoying it! Here are a few things you and I can both do to make the most of this beautiful month.
1. Take a trip to the zoo
2. Get up early and take a trip to the Farmer’s Market
3. Go on a bike ride around town
4. Tour a local brewery or winery
5. Read a new book
6. Fire up the grill and have a cookout
7. Go out to eat and ask for patio seating
8. Journal every day of the month
9. Be active every day (John and I have been taking advantage of our apartment complex’s tennis courts.)
10. Clean out your closet to make room for spring clothes
11. Plant a garden
12. Buy flowers for your home or office
13. Write a handwritten letter and send it to a friend
14. Substitute a workout at the gym for an outdoor jog
15. Watch an Oscar nominated film (Carol and The Danish Girl are my picks)
What are you looking forward to doing in April?